Our trip to Peru was amazing. I've always always always wanted to see Machu Picchu, and it finally happened for my 23rd birthday. It was beautiful. In fact, the title photo of my blog is me at the highest tip of Mt. Waynapicchu, the mountain adjacent/attached to Machu Picchu City. Here are some more pics:

This is a chicken heart that I found in my soup when Brett and I stopped in Lima during our - what was it- 72hr bus trip? I can't remember, but i don't think i ate it.

This is one view of Machu Picchu with Waynapicchu behind it...we woke up at 5am to get in line to climb it. Sadly, we wore the Palestinian-sympathetic shirts i bought in Amman and we happened to be climbing with a good group of Israelis. We made friends anyway. :)

This is me up on the agricultural terraces of Machu Picchu, admiring the view..or rather, pausing for a picture after admiring the view.

Brett got a picture of these two girls when were already up in the mountains, in Aguas Calientes I think it was? I could be wrong. Anyway, aren't they extremely adorable in their traditional Peruvian clothes?

In the afternoon on our second day there, Brett was unbearably sick so he went back to our hostal to rest, poor guy. I wanted to climb another big mountain so i went solo, and on my way up Machu Picchu Mountain I found lots of nasty spiderweb holes like these. I'd never seen anything like it before. You could see the massive spiders chillin right inside, although this picture may not show that. ps- i almost died (ok not reeaaally) cuz i only had about 6 gulps of water left in my bottle haha...better preparation next time i suppose.
Scary spiders!
ReplyDeleteFabulous pictures! Looks so fun! I'm so glad you found my blog. Love you!
ReplyDelete