Saturday, January 17, 2009

a nikki update

Hello my dearest family and friends!
i just thought a little update on me would be in order. Last August I graduated from BYU. I finished off my undergrad in Jordan studying Arabic as you probably know, and from there I went to teach English in Ecuador. Brett and I had a great time there but we're not getting married...note my profile message. :) So life and my plans have now changed and I am in what my friend Eileen and I call a "stage of transition". Right now I am doing a bit of teaching and substitute teaching back at Renaissance Academy where I worked last year. I'm applying to a couple grad schools and the Air Force Officer program too. I'm aiming to get accepted to become an officer, so you'll have news of that in the Spring. Meanwhile, here in the Styler household we had an excellent Christmas break with the whole family here and the cute lil' nieces as the center of attention. We had a good family ski day at Brighton, and a snowshoeing day in american fork canyon too.

For the new year I drove to Sacramento, CA with my good buddies Michelle and Jenny to watch our friend Katie become a BEAUTIFUL bride. Her wedding was gorgeous and so was she. And we got to reunite with Eileen, another one of our 'gang' that currently resides in Houston. It was a very satisfying and bonding trip, including our day trip to San Fransisco and the long hours of driving around LOST on our way back to the rehearsal dinner. girls: "holla holla!" and dont forget that car full of guys- "umm sorry, we're not going to talk to you."
This was the limo for Katie's bachelorette party.

So, there's an update for ya, and hopefully I'll put more pictures up soon of both south america and our winter break adventures.

1 comment:

  1. YES to stages of transition! Wahoo! I loved the update and the reminder of San Francisco. Holla holla holla!

    I don't know if you already got my text, but I met a guy that knows you in church today! It was so cool because someone from Houston knew you! I felt like I was in Utah.. Haha.. Nikki, I just want to be room roommates again!!!

    ReplyDelete