Monday, June 28, 2010

Worship with Dance- the Booty Dance

This lil' sum sum of a video has a story. While staying on Pediatorkope island in Ghana, I had the opportunity to go to a Pentecostal church service in which worship consisted of much drumming, dancing, and sharing stories of gratitude and testimony for the miracles and blessings of God. It was pretty fun, and I especially enjoyed observing everyone's different levels of energy and styles of devotion. There was one lady in particular, a couple benches in front of me, who was really energetic and was having a really great time. She seemed so happy and wanted to show it! At one point towards the end of the service when the two ladies on either side of her were tired of dancing and remained sitting on the bench (it was getting really hot in that mud building after all) and this woman wanted to keep dancing, she had to stand in her place between them and dance as best she could in a little confined area. I later demonstrated this dance to our BYU group and it has henceforth been coined "the booty dance." Now, this video is of my adorable niece on the other side of the world in Massachusetts about 2 weeks later doing said dance to the beat of a drum I bought in Ghana, looking like a total professional. She gots talent yo. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite videos. And Adorable loves watching herself doing the booty dance! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete