Saturday, March 21, 2009

Inspiration in the ending credits

It is a lazy saturday morning for me...which is weird. I opted out of doing what I had planned..go to an alumni financial seminar at byu. too much driving. i like being in pajamas more. this morning I wanted to tap into my creativity for a bit. I decided I'd share a bit of my inspiration with you! lucky you. One of my favorite movies is "A Series of Unfortunate Events." Not only is the storyline creative and unusual, the set designs, the costumes, and especially the graphics for the end credits are awesome. SO, if you have a bit of time on your hands, watch some of these end credits. When I got back from Ecuador I had lots of ideas going through my head about a childrens book series that i want to write and illustrate some day. It has to do with imagination adventures. I'm a big fan of expanding one's imagination, which MUST start in early years. These end credits lend to my ideas of how to illustrate my books...if it ever really happens. You can skip through the slow parts of these credits because it's long. enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I totally just watched that movie! Like 20 minutes ago! Crazy! Anyway, I love it too and I can definitely see you doing cool stuff like that. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a perfect guinea pig over here to read your book. Can't wait.
    PS// I love those credits, too. And Justin knows the guys who did them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Nikki! I remember when I watched this movie I loved the ending credits! And I am a HUGE supporter of you doing a children's series. Yes. Yes I am! I would buy them and read them to my young, mold-able children.

    ReplyDelete