Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break in California

Recently at Renaissance Academy, a Korean intern has come to gain classroom experience and has been placed with me in the Foreign Language Department during her free time. It's great to have a work buddy and we invited her out to California with us Stylers. Su Yeon, mom, chad, and I roadtripped out to San Fransisco to meet up with Justin, Melissa, and Olivia and spent 3 days in a beachside resort outside of Monterey.
It was pretty windy but the accomodations were fantastic and we got to drive golf carts around. Besides, being on the ocean made the wind worth it. We spent Easter there, saw the Monterey aquarium (the jellyfish section was the coolest in my opinion)and drove the 17-mile drive. The tree in the picture below has stood its ground there for more than 250 years according to the brochure.



That drive was windy too, as you can see from our group photo:

Olivia was a trooper the whole time, and man does she talk!
After that we went back to SF for a day. The Cheesecake Factory in Union square was one of our stops, and we got to see where Justin works for Punchcut a couple blocks away. THEN, on Wednesday, us roadtrippers drove down to Disneyland so Su Yeon could get a taste of magic for her first time, and of course we wanted to have some fun too. The tower of terror was the best ride, and Chad even had the courage to try it...you should've seen the pre-ride jitters he had. I remember doing the Tower of Terror about six times in Disney World with an aramco friend of mine in high school. haha, we went back and forth with fast-passes for T of T and Space Mtn all day.
ANYway, while we were there in Disney, I met up with a Saudi Aramco buddy that I hadn't seen in years. Omar and I caught up on things in downtown disney and have planned for subsequent visits. By the way, i got a hair cut, it looks ok but i had hat-hair in this picture :). yes, thank you for understanding :)

Now we're back in Utah and I'm procrastinating unpacking. peace!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Maybe we can convince our schools to move spring break up a week for next year. Very frustrating that our break is a week after yours.

    PS - Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unpacking?! Shouldn't you be packing? Did you hear anything about Egypt?
    Glad to have you guys here! Disneyland looks like it was fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki- It's been too long lets do something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nikki!! So so so fun! I'm so happy you guys got to do all of that. And I love your hair!! It is so cute! Katie showed me the picture you texted her and I just LOVE it! And I love you and think that I should definitely see you. Soon.

    ReplyDelete