Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Escape to Casto Canyon

Back in April I graduated with my MPA (hurrah!) and had been planning for a while to finally run away with the family to some big open spaces. Our planned weekend turned out to be a bad weekend to leave because, among other things, grandma and grandpa arrived in town shortly before leaving (and I love them). I couldn't resist my need to finally escape the confines of towns and suburbia though, so I rebelled and took Chad with me in mom's big car and we drove to south Utah and camped out. Then we did a nice ride in Casto Canyon - which my parents later did too because our report of the ride was satisfactory.

Chad navigating on dirt roads.




There are tons of creeks to cross but that's part of the fun of it. I couldn't get a good shot of it but I thought the rocks looked like millions of easter eggs - but nature's version.
This is what a mountain bike tire should always look like, no?


Oh, this is just me in the tent at my usual business of bullying Chad. Poor guy.
Beautiful no? It was the perfect escape.


On our way home we found a cemetery of a small town with the graves of Mormon pioneers. It was amazing to think that barely anyone will ever stop there yet many who are laid to rest there are those who led the restoring of the church in modern times.

1 comment: