In the post I mention speaking with the Director, Operations of the Bureau of Reclamation. This picture is from a lecture that managers from the Bureau gave and I was, as always, taking notes (and doodling with vigor?)
(Pic by Amy Fisler)Anyway, just passing on something I'm passionate about and involved in.
Graduating with my MPA next week! And you know what? I'll publicly say that I'm eating sugary treats during finals because I decided it's ok (If you didn't know, I'm trying to have a reduced-sugar diet this year. Eating sweets now means I'm seeing how much weight I can put on by the end (the weight from school was already climbing, folks) and then I'll be that more excited to drop it when school is ALL OVER! WOOH! WOOOOOH! Great plan! Wooooh!
night :)
Hey, hey, hey Miss Resident Expert. :) Great article (and pic) Nikki, well written. I agree that giving people responsibility for something (not just for water...it is true in so many scenarios) in order for them to protect and care for it is definitely a correct principle.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite line from your article (slightly edited down): Intentions don't get you outcomes.
ps--Easter season is the best time to start eating sugar again. Mmmm. So much Easter candy.
pps--we love you. hope all goes well with finishing up your program.