Friday, January 15, 2010

Donating Effectively to Haiti

The conditions in Haiti are devastating; I think prayer for the strength of the survivors could be a very good thing. Then, if you are planning to donate(I give Melissa credit for taking the lead on blogging about this), take a look at this video to see which organizations will be most effective in utilizing your money in Haiti.
This fox video mentions that Partners for Health has been established in Haiti for years and doesn't have all the logistical problems compared to organizations that are flying in from outside.

There must be some good in all of this. The way Haiti was before the earthquakes wasn't exactly wonderful. In fact, my special someone served his mission there and witnessed death and violence in the streets often. In all my travels I've never been anywhere like that. Long after all of the death, destruction, chaos, mourning, and looting, I hope rebuilding (with international aid) can be beneficial for the people there.

prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment