Monday, May 25, 2009

Pictures

SwimAmerica Summer in Egypt 09

A glimpse of me life. Just click on the album to view the pics.
PS- I started having my posts automatically emailed to family members so they don't comment any more except by email, but all the rest of you - make it look like people read this thing! :) Ok, I swear I'm not just trying to save face. really.

Fun thing that happened today: I walked out of my apartment building with my usual "Salaam" to the Buwaab (doorman), and one of the other building employees told me "please please, one minute please" as he rushed over somewhere to get something. I suspiciously kept moving away as I looked back to see if he was the kind of person I should ignore or heed his plea. He came back to me with a dirty looking bottle of Infusium 23 and said something like "adfep;ifj ingleezee adkldf?" as he pointed to the bottle. Ha, so I explained what the English inscriptions said because he just had NO idea what this bottle of stuff was. I got to explain (in Arabic)that you use it on your hair after shampoo, water, and toweling, to make your hair soft. He seemed very pleased with my answer and I in turn felt like I was helpful in some way for knowing some Arabic. He must have found that bottle somewhere. Anyway, moments like these make me happy. Especially when I thought I forgot ALL Arabic, but its really just stored in my passive memory and i have to transfer it back to active. The End.

5 comments:

  1. Loving your bathroom! Keep on havin' fun :p) Oh, can you switch our email address to bjandmelski@gmail, we don't check the hotmail account often these days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    I just thought I would let you know that I have been enjoying reading your adventures--and envying you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks melissa, i changed it tonight! and jessie, its so great to hear from you! it looks like we'll have lots of summer adventures to share through blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. I would be freaking out with the toilet so close to the shower area. :) And seriously, you do have 500 plush couches. Glad you are having fun and getting settled and that your boss is no longer a creepster. And, while you are at it--change our email address to our gmail one, the MSN one gets checked rarely. Later sistah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, thanks for the heads up on the email. and yeah, the toilet gets showered every day along with me. soggy TP is one of the added benefits too, woo!

    ReplyDelete