since i cant edit my last post because computers are evil, im adding another one to explain that picture with the uprooted olive trees. these trees are chained to the Israeli police office in Bethlehem. know why? Palestinians put them there. these trees are really old. hundreds of years i'm guessing? anyway, by chaining them up here, its like a representation of how Palestinians feel. What has been rooted on its own land is now torn out of its soil and become trapped.
interesting no? i'm still sympathetic to Palestinians, but i also got a glance at why Israeli's feel the way they do. more later! (i hope)
Hello! Nikki! Your travels sound so exciting and lovely! Well, obviously there are some not so lovely things (i.e. Israeli-Palestinian conflict) but you're learning so much! I'm so jealous.. I just started summer school yesterday so that's exciting.. I miss you tons! I hope you are having the time of your life.. and be safe!
ReplyDelete