Marhaba. I've included a video today of something I saw in a mosque in Cairo. I think it was the Mosque of Sultan Hassan, which is the tallest and largest mosque in all of Egypt. This group of people was chanting pretty loudly when we walked in. I found out that this group praying was a group of Turkish Sunni's. I don't have sound on this computer sooo i'll check later to see if you can hear the video. In all of the mosques we visited, we either took our shoes off, or wore bag-like slippers that i'd never seen before. Pictuuure included. Also, look at the picture of garbage city. you can see a woman down at the bottom sorting through something. anyway, when i took that picture, my back was to the church that the Copts (garbage collectors and those who live in the dump of Cairo) built secretly. There's a pic of the images carved into the rockface around the ampitheater-style cave-like worship area. Video of that part is included. St. Simeone's remains are here.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mosques and churches
Marhaba. I've included a video today of something I saw in a mosque in Cairo. I think it was the Mosque of Sultan Hassan, which is the tallest and largest mosque in all of Egypt. This group of people was chanting pretty loudly when we walked in. I found out that this group praying was a group of Turkish Sunni's. I don't have sound on this computer sooo i'll check later to see if you can hear the video. In all of the mosques we visited, we either took our shoes off, or wore bag-like slippers that i'd never seen before. Pictuuure included. Also, look at the picture of garbage city. you can see a woman down at the bottom sorting through something. anyway, when i took that picture, my back was to the church that the Copts (garbage collectors and those who live in the dump of Cairo) built secretly. There's a pic of the images carved into the rockface around the ampitheater-style cave-like worship area. Video of that part is included. St. Simeone's remains are here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment