Life is good! List of reasons why:
1. I just got engaged to Brett Rulon Fairbourn a week ago!
2. I live in a beach town in Ecuador, practically on vacation while teaching English every so often.
3. I still have one bra left after 3 of my best ones were stolen off the line in our back yard. Victoria secret is hard to come by here... and to think i was saving those bras to use AFTER jordan. lame. ...but COOL i still have one left! yay!
4. I like corn on sticks, especially covered in pesto, mayo, and cheese.
5. I went surfing for the first time last weekend in a neighboring beach town called montañita. We stayed one night in a rickety hostal and after a quick lesson and an hour of surfing the first night, we got out and surfed all of the next day. and by surfing i mean i stood up on my board sometimes while the wave pushed me, but otherwise i was IN the water all day. :) i now want to join the throngs of surfer bums and surf for the rest of my life. i LOVE it. brett and i now plan on living near a beach (we´ll see if this could ever be a reality haha)
6.i love fried verdes y maduros. or in other words, fried unripened platanos and sweet platano too. we cook it at home all the time.
7. our ward is cool and we're going to have merengue lessons as a stake activity right around the date of my birthday.
8. i have a street bike that i paid 15 bucks for. it's the first street bike i've ever owned, and it hasn´t broken down yet!
9. i´m going to go get groceries soon and that makes me happy because tengo hambre.
10. the rat that lives in our house, who we named ricky, has been eating large portions of the poison we put out. we hear him runnin around and knocking things over every night, but maybe the poison will put an end ricky and his posé. ...aaaand his poop everywhere. hurrah!
Keep posting - I'm living vicariously through you and Brett!
ReplyDeleteSo jealous you went surfing! Justin and I need to getaway and do that. Where are the pictures?!?!
ReplyDeleteLame bra stealers.